Your Help Makes a Difference to a Homeless Animal
RVHS has a small, dedicated staff that oversees the daily operations of our animal shelter. We rely on our volunteers, who donate many talents, to help us provide the best care for the animals entrusted to us, to assist with our programs, to spread awareness of our mission, and to raise funds to support our organization.
Why volunteer with RVHS?
- Everything you do helps the animals in our care
- Work side-by side with people who share similar interests
- Get away from your daily grind
- Be involved in the community
- Learn new skills
- Relieve stress – studies show that being with animals can lower your blood pressure
- No one will ever greet you the way a pet does!
***DUE TO COVID-19, WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING NEW VOLUNTEER APPLICATIONS. WE WILL UPDATE OUR WEBSITE ONCE WE ARE ABLE TO START SCHEDULING NEW VOLUNTEER ORIENTATIONS. FOR GROUP VOLUNTEER INQUIRIES OR OTHER QUESTIONS, PLEASE GIVE US A CALL AT (541) 479-5154 AND WE WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS!***
To get started, fill out an application online.
Once submitted, we will email you with our next orientation date and you will RSVP if the upcoming orientation date works for you. We look forward to seeing you soon!
We have volunteer positions for all talents and interests.
Get detailed information for all of our volunteer positions here!
Shelter Cat & Dog Care
- Dog Walking/Dog Grooming/Socialization
- Office Assistant
- Cat Grooming/Socialization
Committees and Other Work
- Graphic Design
- Grant Writing
- Social Media
- Spay/Neuter Voucher Day Help
- Event Volunteer
- Event Planner
- Grower’s Market
- Sales Associate